Theme based Workshops: Students in 1st-5th grade will be engaged in a workshop styled program again this fall. The monthly workshops will be created by congregants in connection with the month’s worship theme, so specific offerings will change throughout the year. Groups will generally be multi-aged, though we may split into groups by age when offerings call for that structure.
Additionally, families are encouraged to engage in theme based faith exploration at home. There will be ideas about how you might do so in our monthly religious education nUUsletters, and as you explore, I hope that you will share your knowledge, ideas and enthusiasm with me and with our congregation! Our South Church facebook group is a great place to share, and I love receiving emails, too!
Pick a month to Volunteer (by clicking the months below)! A few weeks ahead of your month, we will get the volunteer team together (virtually!) to reflect on the upcoming theme and finalize workshop ideas. During that month you will be asked to commit to at least 2 Sundays. This is one of the most flexible and fun volunteer opportunities in our RE program, it allows families with seasonal conflicts an opportunity to engage in a deeper way when they are able to do so, and it is designed to foster creativity and collaboration in our community. Jump in!!
- September 2018: We are a community of Vision
- October 2018: We are a community of Sanctuary
- November2018: We are a community of Memory
- December2018: We are a community of Mystery
- January 2019: We are a community of Possibility
- February2019: We are a community of Trust
- March2019: We are a community of Journey
- April 2019: We are a community of Wholeness
- May2019: We are a community of Beauty